Week Ending (May 27)


Happy Sunday everyone :) I hope you've had a great week. Its been a cold one here, one that makes you appreciate all the warm quilts and crocheted blankets you create :)
This weeks list reflects my need to stay warm, inside and out, so I hope you find something soul warming too. Here we go:

  • There's nothing that a hearty bowl of homemade soup cant fix and this Goulash Soup is perfect for these cold winter nights. My boys love it because it has meat in it and trust me the house smells amazing as its cooking. You can try it for yourself HERE
  • Using minky as backing adds softness and warmth to any quilt and Ann Petersen has a great tutorial HERE to answer all your questions on how to work with it. Its a popular choice for children's quilts but us grownups need to be warm too right? :)
  • I loooove big chunky crocheted blankets. They are warm and toasty to snuggle under plus they make a home look inviting and cosy. In the coming weeks I'll be sharing a free pattern of my own but until then, this Chunky Ribbed Blanket looks lush. You can find the free pattern HERE.
  • I make one dessert a week (its our treat) and next week I'm going to try Heston's Golden Syrup Bread and Butter Pudding. I'll have to do a little ingredient swapping but it has to be great right, it has Golden Syrup in it :) You can find the recipe HERE.
  • I love Little Monkeys crochet patterns and this Rustic Slouch Hat is gorgeous. We're planning a trip to the snow this year and this hat will be perfect. You can find the free pattern HERE
  • If we remember the true history of quilting, quilts were made from whatever the quilter could get her hands on so don't be afraid to mix fabrics with denim or wool. There's a great tutorial HERE for a Grandfather's Lap Quilt with lots of tips for working successfully with wool.
  • And lastly, lets not forget our pets. They like to stay snugly and warm over the winter months too, and spend a lot more time inside. This Boutique Bones Dog Bed Cover looks so cute and its easily removed for washing and cleaning. You can find the tutorial HERE.
That's it for another week. I hope you found something new to try or for those in the warmer hemisphere, something to bookmark for later.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend and I hope you find some creative time :)
Happy Week Ending :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊